Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Once more into the breach!

It is time to return to the blog. I've been so busy that I've neglected it. Not that you are reading this, but in case you are, mahvelous!

It almost came to blows the other evening. I gave a neighbor a ride from Santa Fe to her house in Madrid, NM. She'd recently read Naomi Klein's "The Shock Doctrine" and proceeded to tell me how evil Milton Friedman was, how capitalism is destroying the Earth, enslaving poor Chinese, etc etc etc.....

There was no reasoning with her that Klein, a journalist with a deep ideological bent, has zero idea what Milton Friedman actually stood for and how many billions of people have been lifted out of crushing poverty by the freedoms he advocated.

In any event I really don't have time to expound on this at the present, but I may well yet do so....

No comments: